SF Surf Co. has an outstanding staff of instructors for our surf lessons program, ready to get you in the water to paddle and catch waves! If you would like to schedule a surf lesson, please email Lessons@SFSurfCompany.com and let us know what day and time you would like to conduct the lessons. A few rules and guidelines:
- We are currently only offering private lessons for one or two individuals.
- Lessons are $80/Hour. The average time for a lesson is an hour and a half.
- Lessons will be conducted at Pacific State Beach, located approximately 20 minutes south of San Francisco. This is a very beginner-friendly location. You can request having your lessons conducted at Bolinas, located approximately an hour north of San Francisco. An extra $30 will be charged for driving costs if lessons take place in Bolinas.
- We will provide you with a surfboard, however we do not provide wetsuits. We will provide a wetsuit rental for an additional $20. If you need a wetsuit, please be very specific with your body's dimensions so we get the right size for you.
- We recommend you bring with you a towel, water, snacks, clothing and most importantly, a positive attitude! You're about to learn how to surf!
For reservations, or if you have more questions, please feel free to email us: Lessons@SFSurfCompany.com. Hope to see you out in the water!
There are three places we recommend if you're a beginner.
- Linda Mar Beach. This is the most popular beginner break mainly due to its easy access and proximity to San Francisco. Located at Pacific State Beach, in the southern end of Pacifica. This break is perfect for beginners during the summer months. Linda Mar can't handle anything over 6 feet, as the waves closeout when a bigger swell appears.
- Bolinas. This hippy commune located 15 minutes north of Stinson Beach faces south, thus shielding itself from heavy northwest swells. Perfect for beginners, we highly recommend grabbing a drink at Smiley's after a session.
- Cowell's. Arguably the greatest beginner spot on the planet, Cowell's is located just north of the Santa Cruz beach boardwalk.